My oncologist called yesterday to let me know things are lining up at Stanford. He used to work with my Stanford oncologist so there is already a good relationship between them. He also told me that I need to go back to the hospital for consolidation chemo in a day or two. Today we received confirmation that I’ll have a room Wednesday and they want me there by 8:30 AM so I’m there before rounds.
First the bad
- Last Friday, we got home from Stanford at 11:00 PM, exhausted in every way.
- I don’t get two weeks break at home between chemo cycles, I’ll take the 1 week!
- A third bad thing but who focuses on the bad things, I just need 3 of these
Now the good!
- The sooner I start consolidation chemo, the sooner I’m ready for the bone marrow transplant, theoretically…
- I should only be in the hospital for ~4 days if I don’t get an infection or such
- I’ll be able to recover at home with 2-3 trips/week back to Roseville, ~2 to 5 hours depending on if I need just a blood draw or an infusion…